Webinar Recording: Mining's Next Horizon Part 1: The Next Generation of Minerals - Powering Mining into the Future
Austmine recently completed the first webinar in our six-part Mining’s Next Horizon series. This focused on “The Next Generation of Minerals – Powering Mining into the Future” and featured discussion about lithium, nickel, cobalt and other battery metals.
Our speakers for the webinar were:
- Gavin Becker, General Manager Business Development, Lepidico
- David Morgan, Market Consultant, NC Chem
They discussed a range of issues prevalent in the lithium, nickel and cobalt market, including:
- Drivers of the demand and uses for the next generation of minerals
- The global outlook for battery commodities
- Technology and processes utilised for extraction and production of battery minerals
- Key mineral deposits, jurisdictions and projects
Presentations are attached below.
This series will set the scene for the innovation conversation leading up to the Austmine 2019 Conference & Exhibition, 21 – 23 May, Brisbane. Register for further webinars in the series below.
Part 2 – 20 November 2018: Disruptive Innovations Creating Smarter Mining
Part 3 – 21 February 2019: Transforming Organisational Culture to Foster Innovative Thinking
Part 4 – 7 March 2019: Getting Ahead in the Digital Age of Mining
Part 5 – 16 April 2019: Mine Site Connectivity – Enabling the Digital Revolution
Part 6 – 2 May 2019: The Small Footprint Mine of the Future