Meet the Miners at Austmine 2019
Austmine is excited to be hosting our Meet the Miners session on Day 1 of our Austmine 2019 Conference and Exhibition.
Our Meet the Miners event will foster closer collaboration between miners and METS, opening up dialogue around current operational issues, key initiatives and project requirements. Through direct engagement with senior management, our members will better understand the business fundamentals and operational factors driving decision making at projects around the world. This provides an avenue to gain insights into the supply needs and requirements of major miners and their current priorities for implementation of innovative procedures and solutions on site, potentially saving time down the track in the procurement process. This is an unparalleled opportunity for Austmine members to establish and develop relationships with mining companies attending the conference.
For mining companies, it is a chance to help current and potential suppliers in understanding their needs and challenges, to assist in building capabilities in line with these. It will also be an opportunity for them to discover new METS companies, major innovations and smart solutions, to help in identifying and achieving productivity, safety, environmental and efficiency goals.
We will be bringing 16 miners to this event which will include local and international mining companies. The format will consist of three groups of four mining companies, each sitting at a table with a facilitator. You will be separated into 1 of the 3 groups and will have fifteen minutes at each table, meeting all four miners over the course of the hour. These groups will be running simultaneously.
We encourage you to make the most of this opportunity and ask your key questions to the companies in attendance.
When: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 17.30 – 18.30
Where: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Meeting Room M4
Confirmed miners in attendance include:
- Ritesh Mishra, Optimisation Manager Kalumbila Minerals, First Quantum Minerals
- Lia Walker, Quality Leader – Operational Improvement, Freeport-McMoran Inc.
- Mark McCartney, Mobile Maintenance Manager, Phu Bia Mining Limited (PanAust)
- Francis Brown, General Manager Project Delivery, Newcrest Mining
- Mike Buckland, General Manager – Mining, Vale New Caledonia
- Sergey Ostapenko, Director – Iron Ore Assets Strategic Development, Severstal/ Sergey Likhopud, Director General – JSC Vorkuta Coal, Severstal
- Rafael Estrada, CIO, Antamina Mining Company
- Oscar Castañeda Calderón, General Manager, Codelco Tech
- James Watson, Manager – Procurement and Supply Chain, Hidden Valley, Harmony Gold
- Michael Place, Unit Manager: Projects, Gold Fields
- Alexander Polyakov, Managing Director – Polyus Project, Polyus/Kirill Pristanskiy, Acting Vice President – Engineering, Polyus
- Neil Freeman, Manager Innovation, Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- Sharna Glover, Program Director Autonomous Operations, BHP
This event is only open to Austmine members who have registered for the Austmine 2019 Conference and Exhibition. Places are limited to one attendee per company, with a total of 96 places available. If you would like to attend please email email@example.com to confirm your registration.