Austmine 2017 is fast approaching. With this year’s focus on Mining’s Innovation Imperative, there aren’t many more innovative miners than Planetary Resources. With asteroid mining an industry hot topic, we caught up with Chris Lewicki, President and Chief Engineer of Planetary Resources, for a chat about how huge ideas can become reality.
Interview Highlights include:
- How Government and METS will assist in launching the first commercial asteroid prospecting mission in space
- How prospecting asteroids for valuable resources requires the development of technology from both METS and miners
- When the first space mission is due and what qualities and key skills are required for those who want to enter the asteroid mining industry
- Why creating public-private partnerships that fund technology developments are key
- What skills are necessary to building a successful start-up in the mining/METS sectors.